The Wasilla Knik Historical Society provides a window into the past showing the Knik settlement during the heyday of its existence. The vision includes recognition of the Alaska Native settlement as an integral part of the Knik settlement.
PRESIDENT - Robbin Robbert
VICE-PRESIDENT- Judith Bergman
Co-SECRETARIES - Linda Frey and Wendy Wesser
TREASURER -Marilyn McGuire
BOARD MEMBERS AT LARGE
The Wasilla Knik Historical Society is a non-profit association that maintains the historic building housing the Knik Museum and collects, preserves and interprets the history of the Knik settlement from the late 1900s - 1918 and Alaska Natives in the area. This includes the collection of books, documents, artifacts and other cultural objects, preserving them and interpreting them to the public by means of a museum, educational programs, lectures, public events and publications. The Society also encourages others to collect, preserve and interpret the history of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough by supporting the preservation of the Knik Museum, Dorothy G. Page Museum, Herning-Teeland-Mead Mercantile, home of the Krazy Moose Sub Shop and other historic buildings.